Keepin' it real... what exactly does that mean, entail you ask my dear reader? Well! Let me tell you... It will be my attempt to be transparent, say what is on my mind, in my heart. Be as honest and open as possible. As forth coming as I can... while on this journey of motherhood, marriage, friendship, etc. This blog will here on out be dedicated to REAL.
Gag me with a spoon with all of the blogs out there of "Supermoms" documenting their every move at succeeding in what I think is impossible :doing it all :). Oh yes... I did it... I rained on their pretty little parades and called all of those so-called blogging "Supermoms" liars.
I mean really... REALLY...
Answer me this Supermoms: while your child is throwing a fit in the grocery store are you calmly explaining the rationale to your three year old about the unacceptable behavior while keeping that pretty little smiled pursed across your lips? While you are making your organic, home grown meals five times daily, do your children actually leave you alone and allow you to get everything done?... Oh wait... no they probably don't leave you alone, as children need you more when you are cooking dinner than at any other time during the day... but you have a system in place to occupy them while you cook. Need they interact with you, you always have a free, steady arm to give that loving hug. Oh... and all of the homemade crafts, projects, games that you create in your spare time to teach and occupy your little lovebug(s) during their every waking moment... where DO you find the time?
I am sorry, but I just can't take it anymore. I am sick of feeling like a bad mom after I read these blogs. I don't have a meal cooked for my work enslaved husband every day. I don't keep a clean house every day. I don't make crafts and projects for my kids to do every day. Hell... I don't even get dressed every day :). When I get on a computer, the last thing I want to do is read about how someone ... again... manages to "do it all"... and stay sane and happy to boot while doing it.
To all you Supermoms... take your pictures of every single freaking thing you do with your child during the day, from the meals you eat to the crafts you make to the games you play. Don't stop there... please... why don't you take a picture of the bowel movements as well... that will ensure your post/blog comes full circle!
Get the picture my friends? Get my point my friends? I am sick of the fake bloggers out there... plain... and... simple :)
At the end of the day my family knows that I love them. They know I would do just about anything for them. But... they also know I am a little bit selfish and keep just a little piece of me tucked away for... well... me :) Some days I don't cook... I say "Fend for yourself family". Some days I have every intention of doing a craft with my children... but guess what we just don't get around to it. But... every day... regardless of my mood, their mood, our short comings, our faults... I tell each and every one of my family members that I love them... and I mean it :)
I am becoming to realize that it isn't about how much I do, how much I have, how clean my house is... it is about the TIME spent with my family. From cuddling on the couch, to taking a walk, to playing a board game... to just talking... that is the MOST important gift I can give my family... my time. We are never guaranteed tomorrow... and thus the only thing that matters is what I choose to do today. Making sure that healthy meal gets made, or that the house is spic and span, or that my children explored their sensory ridden world is not a priority to me... at all.
Ok... enough of my soap box. Want to see a sneak peak of the awesome birthday party we had for Gabby? Oh yes... I worked my arse off... oh yes I was stressed... oh yes I thought to myself mid party "What the H. E. double hockey sticks did I get myself into?"... but through all the chaos, loudness and craziness... it was worth it as Gabriella deemed it the best birthday yet! For those of you who don't know... if there is one thing that I DO like to do... it is throw one heck of a party!
hmmm... can you tell what kind of party it was!?

1 comment:
I agree with you on the whole Supermom thing...which is part of the reason I stopped blogging. Couldn't stop comparing my self to all the Supermoms, even though I had no intentions of being like them--I just wanted to have a place to keep memories of our family life. Take care!
JennWrenn
Post a Comment