Sunday, February 24, 2008

A whole lotta nothin...

Cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!if you can raed tihs rpsoet it.


Hmmm very interesting. I found this posted on a bulletin on myspace. Another interesting fact... when spell checked by blog spot spell check, only the first word is considered misspelled...
Cdnuolt. Maybe the spell check is an actual human mind, also reading the same way.

Oh wait... I spoke too soon, after I copied and pasted
Cdnuolt, it seems the rest of my misspelled words were maliciously underlined in red citing I am WRONG!


Ok... so have you all just been dying for another fabulous installment of the ongoings on West Hidalgo St? I know I haven't... because as I mentioned last post... not a lot was to happen this week, and thankfully I was correct! So no recaps of the week here. I will just spoil you with some videos and pictures of my two little munch kins. So please, sit back and enjoy!




aren't we just so mean? Yes, even Mason has time outs now. Although he is much more difficult in many ways than Gabriella, we are finding that implementing time outs right now with him sure is helping. Who knows how that will go in the next 6 months, as sometimes I feel the demon child is awakening in him!

Now onto Gabriella and her dance class!


This video is just so cute, lil miss thang going with the crowd... the peanut she is!


In this video, she is doing "heel toe heel toe" All of the laughing and commentary you are hearing on the two videos is of bystanders. The children are in an enclosed dance studio and we are watching them through windows!


I have absolutely no idea why pictures always post centered! I am just not a centered kind of gal... this drives me nuts! Oh well... I don't have the time or the capacity to try to figure it out or fix it right now... if that can even be done!

As many of you know, Gabriella was given a princess power wheel for Christmas from Santa Claus. At first she wasn't too keen on the idea of driving it. Now, however, she has gotten the hang of steering it, and is having a blast with the car!






crazy driver... yes I know! She scares the bejeezies out of us sometimes!

Ok... so I am just the BIGGEST dork alive. As I was posting this last picture, I realized how absolutely EASY it is to get my picture just how I want it... I can click left, center or right position... WHO would have thought of something like that... clever I tell you! I know Amanda is probably shaking her head right about now!

Speaking of Amanda... SHOUT OUT TO YOU MY FRIEND... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR AMANDA HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU... Hope you have a great day sweetie!

And speaking of birthdays, I hope you all enjoyed my last post, mainly a tribute to Gabriella's third birthday. This past week we took the little gal to the doctor for her 3 year old well visit. We are happy to announce that our daughter has FINALLY stepped back onto the growth charts, for the first time since she was 2 months old. She is now in the 10th percentile for weight and for height. GO GABBY. She is a wopping 25.8lbs and 35 inches! The doctor was quite impressed with how cognitively advanced she is, being that she was able to comprehend and pass her vision test with flying colors. She was also on cue, and on demand performed all of her many "circus acts" for the doctor, all without prompts from mom and dad, such as reciting her alphabet, stating her colors, etc. The little show off!


So we have had a lot of Gabriella... I teased you a bit with that horrific time out video of Mason earlier... now it is time to spoil you with some candids of the little dude himself! Enjoy!






















































Now check that out!!! I actually posted to the left! Me and my left minded personality, left winged ideals just can't handle centered pictures or dreadfully "RIGHTed" pictures!!! But... I did have to edit this in Html... I have no idea why, it posted my pictures at the top of the blog, and unlike I usually can, I was not able to cut them and paste them where about in the blog I wanted them. WHY AMANDA WHY does it do this to me!?!?

Sorry, no great videos of Mason... the time out one is all you get. I will try to get more of him on video in the next couple of weeks!

For your viewing pleasure, this is what I see whenever I get out of the shower in the morning. (Please note, Mason must be pinned up while I am in the shower, for fear of his life!)
















Oh... and last but not least... this one is mainly for you Amanda... I baked it just for you... hope you enjoy!
(Not really... just my first attempt at baking from "so called scratch" this past week... I don't bake, I cook, but don't bake... so here is what I "created")


















Well folks, it is time I sing "happy trails to you" and be on my way. It has been nice, but not real nice, but that is just ok!

Take care, and until next time...
oh what was my catchy phrase last time?....
oh that's right...

stay safe, stay happy and be healthy
Ciao my friends, Tara

8 comments:

Amanda said...

Mwa Ha Ha Ha Ha! Loving it!

I see you have a farmer Brown too, with plaid and all. It really is too bad we had to move so far apart, Grady and Mason would probably have some good times terrorizing us together. ;)

Don't worry, I shake my fist and curse blogspot as I write a lot too...for me it's always the darn spacing. Goes all wonky. Makes me so mad! But I like my pictures centered. Hehehehe.

The cake looks gorgeous! Who do you think you are, taking over desserts like that?! ;) Now I'm hungry for desserts and it's only 10 a.m. You suck!

As always, thoroughly enjoyed my cyber-trip to Buckeye to visit the Stewarts. =) Now if only I could schedule a real live trip. Ahhhh...

Much love to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey- Gotta love those bath pictures. i always think they are so cute. The kiddos are growing up so fast! I can't beleive it. It sounds like life is treating you well. Hope all is well. Talk to you soon.
Dere, Reba, Trinty & Cody Boyd

Anonymous said...

My computer won't let me see your videos?? Help! I love the pics! It's great to be able to see the kids when we don't see eachother everyday. Love the pic of Mason in the corner!! Talk to you soon!
Love ya

Melanie said...

I love that Mason's little pants are falling down when he's in time out. It is just so pathetic...you have a heart of steel. :)

Anonymous said...

Tara, It is great to hear how your world is going! The kids are adorable and getting so big! Love, Jackie

Amanda said...

Okay, where's the new blog? I know y'all have been sick, but come on...quit slacking and get to blogging.

Some of us count on you, you know.

=) HAHAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I can't believe how big Mason has gotten! Gabby looks so cute in her dancing outfit. I can not believe you've been gone so long!
You must teach me how to do a blog! I really mean that. How wonderful it would be to have family keep in touch so easily!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize Callum is now bigger than Gabby! He's 34.5 inches and about 32.5 lbs. hehe She is a peanut! Or he's a linebacker, which is probably also true.

I read in a future blog that you guys were all sick, so as not to double post, I hope you guys are all feeling much better soon!

Spring is just around the corner, you know. Maybe not something to look forward to when you're already in the sunny SW, but hey, up here it's a really big deal! You remember the lovely weather here, don't you? ;)

Take care and keep blogging! I think you've inspired me to join the masses. We have too many crazy adventures not to share. :)