The short and sweet of it all... WE HAVE BEEN EXTREMELY SICK!
I shouldn't say...we Rather, I should say Gabriella and I have been extremely sick.
Enough said...
Last Thursday Gabriella awoke and vomited. She then started to spike a temperature. That temperature climbed steadily all day long, regardless of what I did for her. Justin is currently working nights, and that night was at work, when I frantically called him at about 9pm telling him Gabriella's fever was up to 103! She has never had a fever that high! Tylenol just wasn't helping. I tried putting her in a cool shower and bath, and all she did was cry and tell me it hurt her skin. Her eyes were bloodshot and she could barely move. I knew she felt terrible, because my little girl is tough. She can be quite sick and still find energy to move about and play. She never really complains much when she is sick either. Well... this was different... all she wanted to do was lay next to me. We called the doctor, and they said to try motrin and not to worry unless her fever hits 104.
At about 2am, Gabriella sat up and threw up all over me (we were sleeping on the couch... a comfy thing we do whenever someone gets sick, we all sleep and cuddle together, for support, and to avoid cleaning sheets all night long... we are also close to the kitchen and anything else we may need to help aid a sick one). I took her temperature and it was a wopping 103.7 I called Justin and he said to relax, to keep checking it and monitor her. I was able to finally get some more medicine in Gabby around 3am (in slow doses). She went to sleep. Friday morning her fever was a constant 103 despite and medication we administered to her.
We took her into the doctor. There they poked and prodded her in every which way to try and determine the cause for this crazy fever. She had an influenza test... negative... a strep throat culture... negative... a mono test... negative, are urinalysis... negative... Upon looking at her throat the doctor and I both noticed how terribly red it looked. The doctor decided to diagnose her with strep. He said it was common for a fast strep to come back negative and then for the culture to grow within the next 48 hours.
That night Gabriella spiked another small fever... this time only to 102.5... I know right... I am like only 102.5... well when you are dealing with very high temps for 2 days straight, 102.5 is a nice number in comparison.
By Saturday morning Gabriella awoke to a normal body temperature and was back to her old tricks once again. Since then she has been fine, and no relapse with the terrible fever again.
All this is going on, and Mr. Mason is distraught. He can't handle his mommy doting so much time to his sissy. All he did was walk around and wine and scream at me. At one point we were upstairs, I took a piece of string cheese, ripped it up into little chunks, threw it on the floor and said go for it. I needed to distract him and occupy him, and food seems to do that to him. Thankfully he never got sick and hasn't yet... knock on wood.
Then there is me... all while taking care of Gabriella, I am fighting a fever of 101 myself, and feeling lousy. I can't breathe through my nose, can't taste or smell anything. All I want to do is sleep. I couldn't rest at first, because Justin was working nights, and sleeping during the day... so here I was up with Gabby all night and up with Mason all day... I think that is what helped me to get so sick. By yesterday morning I had enough. I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a sinus infection. Ugh... those nasty sinus infections... make me feel sooooooooooooooooooo bad.
Now, today, Justin is feeling icky. I hope and pray he doesn't get sick. I hate to see anyone sick... but he rarely gets sick, and for him to say he isn't feeling well, I know he is in a lot of pain. Time will tell how he will do.
So that's that. We didn't get ANYTHING done that we had planned on doing this week. We just sat around at home and vegged out... and RESTED.
Gabriella started preschool this morning. She seems to be loving it. Mason and I spent the morning shopping... he was a nightmare. He kept taking everything out of my cart (turning around in his seat while buckled in) and throwing it on the floor and laughing. When I would put him in his car seat he would arch his back, kick and scream and hit at me and shake his head. I am really in for it with him... what a temper... and what energy he has. By 10:45 am I am traipsing into McDonalds to get that nut some food because I forgot his food at home and he was STARVED. There we sat, just the two of us, him eating his nuggets and drinking his milk (from a straw!!) and a yell in between every bite. Obviously I wasn't FEEDING him fast enough. Whatever! I hope that by Gabriella being in school I will be able to dote some much needed one on one time to Mason and hopefully help him get rid of some of his energy and teach him how to channel it in a more positive manner. Good luck to me right!? I see many trips to the park and gymnastics class for him! Tumble Tumble Tumble
Well I don't have any pictures of this week, other than Gabriella ready for her first day of preschool this morning, however I have yet to load that onto the computer. I will for now just give you a few pictures of the kids to look at and smile at. Enjoy!

Gabriella with her friends over for dinner... we played restaurant and daddy was the ANGRY chef!
This is how we found Gabriella one night, she had a bit of trouble with the panties... did she care? No... can't be comfy though!
This is Gabby in her new princess jammies from Grammy Tammy and Papa Rod for her bday and her princess slippers from Great Grandma and Grandpa Hatcher for her bday!
Another cute bath pic
Mason on Valentine's Day... punk rocker dude....

Mason decided to give himself a banana hair do... I love it when he rubs his dirty grubby hands through his nice clean hair!
PS... If you leave a comment, please leave your name somewhere... especially if you sign anonymous! I can't tell who some people are leaving comments!!!

5 comments:
Good thing you didn't come over this weekend! I'm sorry to hear you guys had such a bad weekend! Come visit soon (when you are all well, of course). Gabby just wans to wear sexy panties like her mommy! :) Woo-hoo girl, if you've got if, flaunt it! Give me a call sometime this weekend when you're free.
Ahhh...being sick make Tara craaannnkkkkyyy. HAHAHA. I'm just teasing you. Anonymous comments are weird!!!! (4 exclamations)
I love the red in the kitchen!
Don't make me stalk your blog again lady. I can't go that long in between updates.
Sorry to hear Justin is now starting to feel not so great. I hope it doesn't get too bad and that the Stewart household all are super-healthy soon.
Take care guys!
Oh, I made those individual chocolate cakes last night, made me think of you guys.
Hi Stewarts!
What a great way to keep friends updated on the fast-growing kids! I love looking at pictures of them. Ava clearly remembers Gabby and Mason is soooo big now! If you even come back to NY to visit we'll have to get our boys together, they seem like 2 peas in a pod! Dean's also walking and is a menace to himself, mostly, climbing things that Ava never even dreamed of climbing. We are going to have to redefine "babyproofing" for him! Good to hear Gabby likes preschool. Can you believe the girls are 3? I'm really enjoying age 3, Ava's funny at this age and surprises me with her understanding of the world. She's obsessed with the Clinton/Obama battle, LOL! Anyway, hope you feel better and I look forward to reading more posts!
That's misserable being sick! I'm glad Gabby's feeling better. Love the princess jammies and slippers! We need to plan a trip soon. Miss you guys :)
I can honestly say I feel your pain, sorry you were all sick. We have all been sick, chelsey first, then me, followed by Zach and now Chelsey is on round two and Jeff is sick. love ya julie
Post a Comment