Ready... set... swim!
Going along with the update on Gabby, we have found the root of Gabby's problems with her tummy issues. It seems my child has been full of poop for some time now. After weeks of recurring vomiting, which was getting worse by the day, frequent bouts of diarrhea, a swollen abdomen, I insisted on getting an xray done on her to look at what was really going on. After some resistance from the doctors, I finally got my wish. They were shocked when what we saw was her full of poo. I wasn't at all surprised, after talking with my mom and a few others, I knew something like that had to be her issue. So now Gabby is on an extremely high fiber diet, mirolax for a month, and prevacid for a month to get everything moving normal and back to a normal digestion for her. Since getting things figure out, she has been eating like a horse and actually gaining lots of weight. I feel so bad that we didn't address this problem sooner, who knows how long she has felt like this and felt so icky inside. What a relief it is, though, to see her want to eat, to be hungry and to eat a meal in 30 min or less. WOW... that is an accomplishment for her... the pokey one!
Other than that, our summer is shaping up quite nice. We are having lots of fun just hanging out, doing library story time, and enjoying this massive heat we are experiencing. Anyone wanna come visit to get warm? LOL....
Gabby has been enjoying baking with me as of recent, brownies are by far her fave. Here is the little rascal enjoying the remnants on the beater!
We have also "caught the reading bug" this summer and are having so much fun reading as many books as possible in hopes of getting a prize from the library at the end of summer. To start off the fun at home, we invited Gabby's "boyfriend" Jack and his mom over to make a bug, and to paint a bug to get in the reading bug spirit. Here they are with their finished products!
Speaking of Mr. Jack... he turned 3 years old on June 6th. On the 7th we went to Peter Piper Pizza to celebrate his birthday with him. The kids had a blast, and so did daddy. Here is Mason being his typical terror self!
And Jack... the mac daddy he is, needed help from his two beautiful women to blow out those massive candles! Way to go Jack!!
Now on to Mason... what a big boy he is becoming. So big, in fact, he has since received his first black eye... from high tailing it down a slide at the park, not giving mom and dad enough time to catch him at the bottom... bam... smack... blood sweat and tears... we have a booboo... check it out... what a shiner it was!
Mason is talking more and more these days. In fact his 15 month well visit was last Friday, and he is ahead cognitively and physically on his development... yay for him... I contribute that in part to having an older sister that plays with him non stop... he just wants to be like her! Lately he enjoys endless minutes of talking on the phone with his Grammy Tammy and Papa Rod. I am sure he is telling them all about how inattentive we are here and how we allowed him to get his first black eye... poor Mason.
Speaking of playing with his sister... he enjoys every aspect of that... here is my "fire man/ chef" fixing me up a screamin hot meal.... of ... toy food... yum yum yum!
Dress up IS his forte ... purple IS his color... put the two together... and wallah...
This picture is especially for grammy and papa... maybe he is my son after all???? Chef Boy R Dee... difference here, he has raviolis, not rigatoni... whatever, it's crap pasta in a can, and he bathes himself in it as well... although, he didn't fall asleep in it. Him fall asleep anywhere but his bed???? No way!
To end this beautiful lil post, I decided to enclose a picture of my two precious babies at the Kung Fu Panda Movie (a must if you haven't seen it yet, very funny, Jack Black rules)... and as you can see, they were mesmerized... they both had a blast!
So with that, I am starting to get caught up on the month of June... yay... go me... but seriously, it's almost July... why am I so excited with myself? Coming up... we have a super duper announcement about our man Mason... and a big step he has taken recently with a picture and video clip to accompany... can't wait to fill you all in! Also, still have to show you pictures of our camping trip on Father's Day weekend... what a blast we had! Until I get my bottom on here again, I bid you all adieu, farewell... happy trails to you... and will post to you again shortly!

1 comment:
Where are you Stee-warts?! Are you in MT maybe? Or just avoiding us maybe? ;) HEHE, I hope not.
Anyway, hope you're all well! I'll try calling another time I guess. We love you guys, take care!
Post a Comment