Well friends...
it is with great sadness that I
have to share the news with all of you,
our dear friends and family,
that we had to say goodbye to a very
special loved one today.
Our beloved doggy Koda had to go
be with the angels today as his time
here on earth was cut far too short
due to severe illness.
About a month ago Koda started
acting quite strange. He would cry and whimper
a lot in the evenings and all of the sudden refused
to jump up on the bed when invited or jump
up to give us kisses... something very odd
for Koda to refuse.
Over the course of the last 4 weeks
we watched Koda begin to deteriorate
before our very own eyes. He began to get
very slow when walking, not eating very much or eating
very fast, withdrawing from us and withdrawing
from his pals Meeko and Aubrey.
We initially brought him to one vet who
ran 2 blood tests on him (Valley Fever and Tick disease)
which both came back negative. At that time the
vet basically said she had no idea what could be wrong
with him... and really gave us no direction
on what to do next.
I was hoping it was just arthritis...
Last weekend Koda began vomiting every time he ate.
This past Wednesday Justin made an
emergency vet visit in to a different vet in order
to try and get some better answers.
After about an hour of tests, and an x-ray, we had an answer.
Poor Koda boy was diagnosed with what appeared to
be lymphatic cancer, a tumor, heart disease, and
early stages of kidney failure, as well as pluracy in the lungs.
We knew that this past weekend would be our
last with the special guy. We spent lots of time and heartfelt
moments with the dude... and savored every last waking
breath with him.
This afternoon we lay our buddy boy to rest
and watched him peacefully slip away
into the world unknown to us yet...
We miss him dearly, and are shedding many tears for his loss.
So my dearest friends and family... here is a tribute to our special boy!
have to share the news with all of you,
our dear friends and family,
that we had to say goodbye to a very
special loved one today.
Our beloved doggy Koda had to go
be with the angels today as his time
here on earth was cut far too short
due to severe illness.
About a month ago Koda started
acting quite strange. He would cry and whimper
a lot in the evenings and all of the sudden refused
to jump up on the bed when invited or jump
up to give us kisses... something very odd
for Koda to refuse.
Over the course of the last 4 weeks
we watched Koda begin to deteriorate
before our very own eyes. He began to get
very slow when walking, not eating very much or eating
very fast, withdrawing from us and withdrawing
from his pals Meeko and Aubrey.
We initially brought him to one vet who
ran 2 blood tests on him (Valley Fever and Tick disease)
which both came back negative. At that time the
vet basically said she had no idea what could be wrong
with him... and really gave us no direction
on what to do next.
I was hoping it was just arthritis...
Last weekend Koda began vomiting every time he ate.
This past Wednesday Justin made an
emergency vet visit in to a different vet in order
to try and get some better answers.
After about an hour of tests, and an x-ray, we had an answer.
Poor Koda boy was diagnosed with what appeared to
be lymphatic cancer, a tumor, heart disease, and
early stages of kidney failure, as well as pluracy in the lungs.
We knew that this past weekend would be our
last with the special guy. We spent lots of time and heartfelt
moments with the dude... and savored every last waking
breath with him.
This afternoon we lay our buddy boy to rest
and watched him peacefully slip away
into the world unknown to us yet...
We miss him dearly, and are shedding many tears for his loss.
So my dearest friends and family... here is a tribute to our special boy!
Koda came to live with us on October 26th, 2004. At the time I was pregnant with Gabriella, and we had one dog, Meeko already. Meeko had severe separation anxiety and needed a buddy desperately. Justin and I happened to be out and about and decided to venture into Petsmart in order to pick up a few things for Meeko. We knew that it was an SPCA adoption day... and we walked over by the doggies up for adoption. We stumbled apon Koda... and fell in love. But he was already taken... reserved by someone else and waiting for that new owner to come and wisk him away. It was about 30 minutes before the closing of the SPCA adoption process for the day, and we asked if we could possibly be considered as a family for him, as it didn't look like the original takers were coming back. They said of course, as they only wanted him to go to a loving home. Justin hurried across town, got Meeko and brought him back to the store to see if they would get along. The entire time Justin was gone I was a nervous wreck, holding Koda the entire time, praying that the original takers didn't decide to come back last minute...
Well it was meant to be... Meeko and Koda got along amazingly. We took the boys home, and immeditately upon entering our house, Koda decided to show Meeko how to drink out of the toilet... what a great trick! He also continued mark our house repeatedly as he was a 3 year old non-neutered male.
Over the course of the last 4 and a half years we have grown so used to having our man around the house. He was our rock. He loved both of our children unconditionally and taught them both how to love and nurture animals. He allowed our children as babies to explore on him without any resentment. He was our best friend, faithful loving dog. He was the best dog any family could ask for... out of the three dogs... he was definitely the most reliable and best behaved.
We will miss him dearly...
enjoy the tribute in pictures!
Welcome to our home Koda!

First Halloween... you have to be kidding Koda!

what a comfy bed...

first snow as a family together!

brothers...

Merry Christmas 2004

Koda's first Christmas with us!

happy birthday boys!

even better bed!

ok... long day partying... fell asleep in the bowl!

daddy and his boys

sound asleep

snuggling on the couch

spooning

Welcome home baby Gabriella

meeting Paisley Jackson for the first time...

Gabriella and Koda

nice pets

a typical scene at the computer...

companions

sometimes it is hard work watching her!

best friends...

ya ya... so they were lovers...

Camping trip in NY

camping in our backyard

pretty boys

First Christmas with Aubrey... she always sat on the boys

snuggling together

leaving NY... first night in a hotel

in our new home... makes a great pillow

each has their own respective step

pretty eyes

don't take his picture!!

loving me some AZ sun

I love you momma

ok... so camping in Flagstaff... why is he in a car!?

camping sucks when you can't run around wild...
o
at Mormon Lake

mmm special treats
l
He was always our happy clown!

oh how I will miss this pose...

stylin...

professional pimp

getting some good lovin'

sitting at the table?

cuddle time for the sick boy

their last three-some snuggle time

"I don't feel well"

our last night together...
Mommy and Koda

Bubba and his pal

Gabby and her cuddle buddy

daddy and his right hand man...

can I have a kiss?

last picture of the 3 together...

all my kiddos

I will miss the sound of Koda "schlopping himself".... I will miss the happy clown face... the touch of his soft fur, the picture of Koda propping his legs up on the wall, butt up in the air and arms on his chest... the loud snores from Koda... the moans that Koda would make when "him needed to poo" or when "him needed food"... the ravagin of his food bowl, I will miss our "gay doggy porn" (you have to have been witness to our Meeko's and Koda's "games" to understand) I will miss his long tail curling up so pretty... I will miss him staring at me with annoyance... I will miss him getting right in my face for some lovins... I will miss calling "Koda Koda" and getting him all riled up to do something funny... I will miss his happy trot when he played with toys... I will miss him going crazy in his dog bed and kicking the wall in his escapade... I will miss him playing with the other two dogs... I will miss him on our walks to the park... I will miss taking a bath at night and having Koda drink my bath water while I sit in the tub... he was always such a thirsty fool!... I will miss him every single day for the rest of my life... he was such a blessing to have around, and he will truly be missed.
I love you dearly Koda boy... you are my boy!
Well it was meant to be... Meeko and Koda got along amazingly. We took the boys home, and immeditately upon entering our house, Koda decided to show Meeko how to drink out of the toilet... what a great trick! He also continued mark our house repeatedly as he was a 3 year old non-neutered male.
Over the course of the last 4 and a half years we have grown so used to having our man around the house. He was our rock. He loved both of our children unconditionally and taught them both how to love and nurture animals. He allowed our children as babies to explore on him without any resentment. He was our best friend, faithful loving dog. He was the best dog any family could ask for... out of the three dogs... he was definitely the most reliable and best behaved.
We will miss him dearly...
enjoy the tribute in pictures!
Welcome to our home Koda!

First Halloween... you have to be kidding Koda!

what a comfy bed...

first snow as a family together!

brothers...

Merry Christmas 2004

Koda's first Christmas with us!

happy birthday boys!

even better bed!

ok... long day partying... fell asleep in the bowl!

daddy and his boys

sound asleep

snuggling on the couch

spooning

Welcome home baby Gabriella

meeting Paisley Jackson for the first time...

Gabriella and Koda

nice pets

a typical scene at the computer...
companions
sometimes it is hard work watching her!
best friends...
ya ya... so they were lovers...
Camping trip in NY
camping in our backyard
pretty boys
First Christmas with Aubrey... she always sat on the boys
snuggling together
leaving NY... first night in a hotel
in our new home... makes a great pillow
each has their own respective step
pretty eyes
don't take his picture!!
loving me some AZ sun
I love you momma
ok... so camping in Flagstaff... why is he in a car!?
camping sucks when you can't run around wild...
o
at Mormon Lake
mmm special treats
l
He was always our happy clown!
oh how I will miss this pose...
stylin...
professional pimp
getting some good lovin'
sitting at the table?
cuddle time for the sick boy
their last three-some snuggle time
"I don't feel well"
our last night together...
Mommy and Koda
Bubba and his pal
Gabby and her cuddle buddy
daddy and his right hand man...
can I have a kiss?
last picture of the 3 together...
all my kiddos
I will miss the sound of Koda "schlopping himself".... I will miss the happy clown face... the touch of his soft fur, the picture of Koda propping his legs up on the wall, butt up in the air and arms on his chest... the loud snores from Koda... the moans that Koda would make when "him needed to poo" or when "him needed food"... the ravagin of his food bowl, I will miss our "gay doggy porn" (you have to have been witness to our Meeko's and Koda's "games" to understand) I will miss his long tail curling up so pretty... I will miss him staring at me with annoyance... I will miss him getting right in my face for some lovins... I will miss calling "Koda Koda" and getting him all riled up to do something funny... I will miss his happy trot when he played with toys... I will miss him going crazy in his dog bed and kicking the wall in his escapade... I will miss him playing with the other two dogs... I will miss him on our walks to the park... I will miss taking a bath at night and having Koda drink my bath water while I sit in the tub... he was always such a thirsty fool!... I will miss him every single day for the rest of my life... he was such a blessing to have around, and he will truly be missed.
I love you dearly Koda boy... you are my boy!

4 comments:
I am so sorry for your lost. It looks liek you all had some great times with him.. Take care and remember he is watching over you all. xoxoxox
Many a tear shed for Koda and for your entire family; the whole left by any family member--no matter how many legs they walk on--is a difficult one to bear. =( This is a beautiful tribute to Koda, and he was a beautiful, amazing dog.
I remember fondly how he "ruled" our unruly pack when they were all together, no flashy displays, just quiet dignity. Koda was not to be messed with! ;)
And yes, he and Paisley had their special little relationship. It was clear she thought the world of him when she would bend over backwards (literally!) to try to get his attention. =)
Rest in peace sweet Koda! HUGS to you all as you adjust to the absence of your wonderful man!
I'm really sorry to hear that. Bryan and I are getting ready to face the same thing with Loki (our Rottie--you guys may remember him from our SanDiego days).
Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. Koda definitely meant a lot to us... and always will. It is definitely tough stuff to go through... but we are doing better today... for the most part!
Post a Comment