Monday, July 27, 2009

Welcome to our home Kristina

This blog is especially for Kristina and her family to see the home Kristina will be living in for the next 10 months...







I know it has been quite a while since I last blogged, and boy oh boy have many things happened... but for now I am keeping it short and uploading pictures of our home... enjoy to anyone who takes a peek!






Oh... and for those wondering WHO Krisitna is... well she is our lovely exchange student... our "daughter" for the upcoming school year. She is coming this Saturday to live with us, all the way from Germany. We are soooooo excited. I am sure we will have many blog stories to share with you once our adventure together begins.






Also, stay tuned for an update on the Stewart happenings... I will blog our trip to MN we took last March, our trip to San Diego at the end of May and our trip to MT we took at the end of June and beginning of July! So stay tuned, should be coming up in the next few days... whenever I find a minute... a minute... what is that?




This is our playroom... which is now being converted into Kristina's room

(picture taken prior to conversion!)






come on in!






lots and lots of toys



gotta play some basketball!





the closet





a look from the playroom going into the guest bathroom






our guest bathroom, this will be Kristina's private bath!





a look in through the doorway at the shower






the pretty flower picture hanging in the bathroom





Tulips, shelving and "don't touch those towels" decorations



sink and vanity area... oh and I am in the mirror!






our entry way






formal living room... future home of the grand piano!








buffet cabinet in the entry way






a look into our "great room" and the wall in our formal dining area





our formal dining room








another angle...




another angle of the table all set with the hutch in the background






the table...





table again...




our great room...









our "great room" obviously where the tv and entertainment is!








another angle







another angle







our kitchen and our "great room"








our "eat-in-kitchen" dining area by the patio doors






our kitchen






another view of the kitchen





and now the laundry room...




Meeko sleeping by the washer







Aubrey, our little dog in the laundry room





Our laundry room (future toy storage area...)







Calendar time, play kitchen area in the hallway between the kitchen and laundry room





A look of our stairs, hallway between kitchen and laundry room, (laundry room in far back) kitchen is red wall...




now we are heading upstairs!







what awaits at the top of our staircase...






the opening to our formal living room down below...






just how big the opening is...



a look at the space below...





another look...






Welcome to our room... (the doorway you see to the left is our master bath)





another angle...







our bed








our extended master suite that serves no purpose at this point...other than it is huge




Welcome to Mason's room, dresser with mirror, and rocking chair









nightstand next to dresser... not a lot of room!





MDS... Mason Dean Stewart







Our little prince...





A view into Mason's room





rubber duckies!




A sign I made for the kids' bathroom






the children's bathroom








Gabriella sitting in the office chair






our office




a view walking into our office








Welcome to Gabriella's room!






The sign she made for her door








walking in to the room...






at the "foot" of her bed...





door to her closet...







her chest of drawers with special knick knacks from her great grandparents...







dresser and vanity...






a look out into the hallway




GLS... Gabriella Louise Stewart








aww her pretty princess bed...







Well!... now that is finally done... that took me over 2 hours! Why? BECAUSE BLOGGER IS IMPOSSIBLE TO LOAD PICTURES ON... for some reason... sorry I had to "yell" my frustrations at this program! But it is worth it... now Kristina has a glimpse of what our home looks like.


Kristina... you will have to wait until you get here to see your room... it is a surprise just for you. For anyone interested in seeing what the room looks like, stay tuned, and I will post pictures AFTER Kristina arrives!






































































3 comments:

The Wrenns said...

Wow! It will be neat to have an exchange student--maybe she'll teach you some German (or maybe you already know some?)

Samantha Ceron said...

I love the table! It fits in perfectly with your kitchen :) I'm excited for you guys with your wonderful new arrival!

Amanda said...

Awesome, now I don't need to visit because I've seen it all. ;) Just kidding, I still want to visit. =)

Did you guys do all the painting? I love the colors!

Have fun tomorrow, we'll be thinking of you guys as you start your new adventure! =) Much love and hugs!