So these past few weeks have been filled with birthday party after birthday party... and go go go in between. In fact, one Saturday we frequented 2 BIRTHDAY PARTIES.. back to back... crazy I tell you! We also cracked down and got our playroom done... finally. We did away with our "guest room" downstairs and made it a nice big play room. It is the color of "peanut butter" as Gabby puts it. I also was able to finish the formal living and dining area with some nice accents this week, so I took some pictures as well to share!
My mother's day was an amazing day. We had so much fun. Gabriella was totally into this year. She was sad when she didn't get presents that day ... she said she wanted a Mother's Day too. I had to explain that she is what makes mother's day... and without her I wouldn't get that day either. That day I was able to sleep in, and the kids and Justin went off to get me some flowers and cards. They woke me up with nice surprises and then we got dressed and took off for a nice day of shopping at IKEA... yes that was my mommy wish. Everyone hates that store, but I wanted to go darn it! Afterwards we stopped by my Uncle Ken's house and had a nice afternoon with family over there and a yummy dinner! The Tuesday after Mother's Day I was able to go to school with Gabby for "Muffins with Mom". Ok... let me just tell you how darn cute this whole experience was. Gabby is by far the smallest thing in her school... and quite cute. I was cracking up when this little boy "Kyle" (whom Gabby talks about constantly) approached her... only her no one else, and asked her to play super heroes with him... she said no thank you... but how cute it was to witness!! I was given yummy muffins and lemonade and sat outside with the other mommies and visited. We were then brought inside to watch a movie of our children at school, and then listen to little "adlib poems" they made for us.
Here is what Gabby said:
My mom looks the prettiest when : "She wears dresses.".... ok?
My mom makes the best : "pasta with cheese." ... ok what is she talking about?
My mom laughs when: "I tell her jokes." ... yes I sure do... she is quite the comic these days! My mom is happy when: "I clean my room." ... hmmmm not sure she has EVER done this but ok!
My favorite thing about my mom is : "I make her happy." ... that she certainly does.
Each child was brought to the front of the class while the teacher read their individual poem about their mom aloud. They saved Gabby for last... she was so shy and cute. After the poems they wore sunshine faces and sang "You are my sunshine" Too cute. Gabby was somewhat out of sorts this day, as at the beginning of the class her friend Max told her that she wasn't his friend. So sad... it broke her heart and she was sad about it for 2 days. I had to explain to her that sometimes people say mean things that hurt our feelings but they really don't mean it. I also told her to tell him that he hurt her feelings. It makes me sad though to see her feelings hurt. I want to protect her from that pain... but I know I can't :(
Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of Mother's Day or Muffins with Mom as we didn't have a camera yet.
However, now is the time to enjoy lots and lots of pictures from our new camera! Most will be pretty self explanitory!
Hope you enjoyed another edition of our hectic lives!
Love to all
Tara

1 comment:
oooh, I'm glad I waited to comment. You changed your format! Look at you, all pink! ;) Nice.
The kids are beautiful as always, the house looks great, and the pups look pretty darn good too. =) What a nice update!
Have fun with the camera! Just keep reminding Justin..."it's all in the lenses" Unless of course, you just want him to shut up and be happy with what he has! HAHA. ;)
We miss you guys!
Post a Comment