is...
AUGUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why you may ask? Take a wild guess all of my fellow, loyal blog readers... yes that's right.. it's my birthday month.
So when someone as important as myself is celebrating another wonderful year of being here with my friends and family... we don't just celebrate one measly day... no we party the entire month!
Well maybe in my visions of grandeur we do... but still we had a fun month! Take a looky-see
Party #1: BOWLING
8.3.08
Because we have a Wii now, and that is Gabriella's main source of the fun sport we call bowling, we decided to mix things up a bit and take her to an actual bowling alley. She was by far... confused... she kept insisting that we were going to a video game store (her daddy and her had visited one a few days prior to get Mario Kart.. there she played the Wii as well). When we arrived at the bowling alley they were having "disco bowl"... the kids thought it was awesome. Half way through our game, however, they decided to turn back on the lights and play some good ole country western music. Either way, we had a blast.. and it was a much needed family trip to the bowling alley. Oh hey, and take a looky at my hair... I got my hair did the day before our excursion... short eh?
Party #2: MY BIRTHDAY EVE
8.7.08
So the festivities in our house started a day early... mainly because I am the only one that matters... err wait... I mean because my sister was coming into town on my actual birthday to go out to dinner and such, so we did the "home birthday" the night before. What an interesting evening it was as a severe thunderstorm, or should I say microburst (look that up if you don't know what I am talking about... crazy I tell ya) rolled into our area and knocked our power out for a good 7 hours. Daddy had just finished baking the cake when we lost power... so daddy decided to do a flash cool (unbeknown to me) and put it in the freezer (so he could frost it faster) he then frosted it by candlelight with the help of Gabby. As they frosted, the cake fell apart, due mainly in part to the fast cooling...
HOWEVER... this was the best darn birthday cake I have ever had... my favorite... rainbow chip frosting over confetti cake... can you get any better than that!?
HOWEVER... this was the best darn birthday cake I have ever had... my favorite... rainbow chip frosting over confetti cake... can you get any better than that!?
So I have decided... a birthday party by candlelight is a must need for every family... it was a fun experience and we had a blast!
Party #2: MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND
8.8.08 to 8.10.08
Party #2: MY BIRTHDAY WEEKEND
8.8.08 to 8.10.08
Sadly there are no pictures from my actual birthday. I know... right? Here I talk up about how important I am... and how important my birthday MONTH is... and I can't even manage to snag a few of the blessed day itself... I know I know... how heartbreaking. But... I am here to relay to you just exactly what went down:
My sis arrived from San Diego via Interstate 8... she came in, hair wild and crazy from the exhausting journey... with my birthday present from Extraordinary Desserts steadily melting away due to the trek through the vast desert. Upon her arrival we hurriedly jumped in the car and skidattled to Claim Jumper (my restaurant of choice) and enjoyed a lovely, over priced, over portioned dinner. The next morning (Saturday) we lazed around in the morning and then headed off to our romantic getaway to Scottsdale. My sister stayed home with our children while we enjoyed a lovely time at the Westin Resort. For dinner we dined at the scrumptious Morton's Steak House ( a fave of ours... brings back memories of our favorite mini vaca to San Fransisco). The next morning we packed things up and headed back home to pack Melanie and the kids up and trek off to the Arizona Science Center where we enjoyed the exhibit Chronicles of Narnia. Sadly, there are no pictures from the exhibit as they didn't allow cameras, but we were able to snag a few of the kids enjoying their time.
My sis arrived from San Diego via Interstate 8... she came in, hair wild and crazy from the exhausting journey... with my birthday present from Extraordinary Desserts steadily melting away due to the trek through the vast desert. Upon her arrival we hurriedly jumped in the car and skidattled to Claim Jumper (my restaurant of choice) and enjoyed a lovely, over priced, over portioned dinner. The next morning (Saturday) we lazed around in the morning and then headed off to our romantic getaway to Scottsdale. My sister stayed home with our children while we enjoyed a lovely time at the Westin Resort. For dinner we dined at the scrumptious Morton's Steak House ( a fave of ours... brings back memories of our favorite mini vaca to San Fransisco). The next morning we packed things up and headed back home to pack Melanie and the kids up and trek off to the Arizona Science Center where we enjoyed the exhibit Chronicles of Narnia. Sadly, there are no pictures from the exhibit as they didn't allow cameras, but we were able to snag a few of the kids enjoying their time.
(he was in time out for throwing toys at other children)
Party #3: TRIP TO SPLASHPAD
8.17.08
So we decided to pack the kids up, including Noah the little guy I watch, and head off to the splash pad at Goodyear Rec. The kids had a blast and got soaking wet... just what they needed on this hot August day. Noah didn't last too long in the water, as he rubbed sunscreen in his eyes and I had to take him, rinse his eyes out and hold him to prevent him from further itching his eyes and making it worse... he had fun while it lasted though! The other two, on the other hand, had a ball and were sad to leave.
8.17.08
So we decided to pack the kids up, including Noah the little guy I watch, and head off to the splash pad at Goodyear Rec. The kids had a blast and got soaking wet... just what they needed on this hot August day. Noah didn't last too long in the water, as he rubbed sunscreen in his eyes and I had to take him, rinse his eyes out and hold him to prevent him from further itching his eyes and making it worse... he had fun while it lasted though! The other two, on the other hand, had a ball and were sad to leave.
(little man Noah and I after he rubbed sunscreen in his eyes)
Remember to click on the pictures in order to enlarge them and view them better!
Party #4: THE MOST IMPORTANT PARTY... MY FAMILY...
the entire month of August, and every day before and after that!!
the entire month of August, and every day before and after that!!
Noah and Mason's first time painting... what a mess, but what fun!
8.12.08 Gabby's first day of school
(preschool)
and her school bus she made!
my silly little princess...
and my nakey butt tarheels fan..
(I am mean, I wrote that!)
Well folks that's it for this installment of the "who's who of the Stewart clan". I hope you enjoyed getting all caught up on our month of August as much as I did! May you all be blessed and happy. Until next time...
PEACE
Tara

1 comment:
"Wild hair" that's all I get??!! LOL, J/K, I loved the blog. That cake was good, too. And that pic of Mason and me is REALLY cute! Can't wait to see you guys.
Post a Comment